Become A Volunteer
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success
Our volunteers help us in the community to succeed in producing new young leaders within the St. Louis region and to increase academic excellence among young people.
Current Volunteer Opportunities We Offer
The accounting/finance department is responsible for recording and reporting the cash flows, both in and out, of a company. There are five basic roles or functions within the department:
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Financial Controls
- Financial Reporting
Duties shall consists of the following, but not limited to:
- Be the primary source and conduit of information within the diverse network and constituent base of YVWA Inc. by establishing, setting and enforcing protocols.
- Ensure public views of the YVWA Inc. are viewed positively.
- Develop communication strategies for the delivery of corporate culture and business strategies.
- Put communication vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness on our events, activities, policies, and positions on community issues.
Volunteer coordinators are responsible for recruiting and managing group/individual volunteers.
- Outreach – Provide a general overview of the value of volunteers and what type of volunteer opportunities.
- Options – Offer a variety of options for volunteers.
- Train – Hold a volunteer orientation at the start of the school year.
- Contacts – Oversee the assignment of volunteer jobs and maintain a database.
- Connect – Keep everyone in the loop by regularly promoting opportunities for volunteers and providing reports. Express gratitude for volunteers and all their efforts.
The Sponsorship Coordinator helps identify grant opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process.
- Assess need for grants or sponsorship needs.
- Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities.
- Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding.
- Maintain chart of grant applications: including grants applied to, status of application, grant deadline.
- Seek in-kind support from different corporations and foundations.
Administrative Assistants provide support to managers, other employees, and office visitors. Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective administrative records.
- Ensure official records are maintained of all active members.
- Provide items for the agenda as appropriate and are available.
- Ensure up to-date notifications of meetings.
The goal of tutoring is to assist students to become independent learners and increase their motivation to learn. As a tutor, you will have an opportunity to be instrumental in the success of the many students we serve.
- The Tutor as a Helper
- The Tutor as a “Model Student”
- The Tutor as a “Young Voice with Action”